torstai 20. heinäkuuta 2017

Finished Crochet & Knitting Projects

It's been quite a while since I talked about knitting or crochet, my two big passions, here on the blog. Nevertheless, I have been keeping my hands constantly busy behind the scenes. The only problem is that I seem to start lots of projects, but then mystically I end up with a pile of unfinished stuff. The situation got recently critical and I finally pushed myself to just do it. Now I have a pile of cute handmade items ready to be used plus I don't need to feel guilty about starting anything new! Ever since I received the new number of Novita-magazine, I have been eyeing it almost everyday and feeling so inspired. For example, I dream of starting one of the amazing crochet pullovers (I don't even care it's 35 degrees here). Now I just need to order some skeins of cotton yarn from Finland for the project.

One of the best things about finishing everything I have been working on is that I can finally share my finished items with you. I hope you will be inspired to make something with your own two hands, too.



This summery yellow market tote bag is actually my latest work! I used the tutorial you can find here. You can make the bag by just using your fingers (as instucted in the tutorial video) or with a large crochet hook. It was my first time trying finger crochet and I was suprised by two things: 

1. It's very easy.
2. It hurts. 

Well, obviously my fingers were not used to work so hard for hours in a row (I finished in one afternoon). Once you have strong fingers you can really enjoy the method though! It was definitely a fun experiment, but next time I'll probably use a hook anyway...However, I love how stretchy (but not too) and squishy it turned out. It's comfy to keep on the shoulder, too. It served as my pool bag this morning and performed excellently.



Continuing with another crochet bag! When I created my capsule wardrobe  I was complaining that I don't have any tote bags. Originally I wanted a leather tote and I searched for one in flea markets and second hand stores. As I had no luck, I figured that for summer I could make a crochet tote with materials that I already have at hand: canvas bag, cotton yarn and some fabric (made in France!) for lining. I would still like to replace the handles with something more sturdy as they tend to be uncomfortably thin when I'm carrying half the house in my bag. For now it functions as it is.


Pouches! I'm not only crazy about boxes but also all sorts of cute pouches to arrange my things. 


This one consists of two granny squares which I just stitched together. I use it for now as my camera's protection. Would work great for keys too as I added the clip.





The two last ones I crocheted using the star stitch. I'm loving all sorts of pom poms and tassels these times so I didn't hesitate to add them on both. Both pouches have a white cotton lining with silvery pineapples! I use the smaller pouch for keeping my eyeglasses safe in my bigger bag. The other one I might give as a gift to someone :)




More crochet pouches. The first two are again created from two granny squares attached together. I attached zippers and they are perfect for storing my little sewing tools or serving as a coin purse. The last one is my first attempt at crochet pouches. I didn't add a closure nor lining, but it works well for keeping my tissue papers organized in my tote bag.




This turquoise blue cross body bag was supposed to be much bigger, but it ended up being just a tiny bit more spacious than my other capsule wardrobe purses. In that sense it is a bit of a fail even though I really like how it turned out. I am not wearing it actively at the moment since I want to purchase a proper strap for it. My mom loved it so much that I made one for her too. She told me that she already got compliments wearing it!



Problem: laptop has no case.
Solution: Grab some yarn and make it yourself.

This case was created by using zpaghetti t-shirt yarn. Their yarns are made from the waste of garment industry!


I had some cute yarn I purchased in Finland back in december. Once again I didn't care much about the local weather. I felt like making mittens so I made a pair. Not the best idea though as a subject for this bulky yarn...they ended up ridiculously thick for me to ever wear in France. I will send them to Finland.


The last item! We had four incredibly ugly couch pillows so I crocheted them new covers. The pillows were thin so I put two in each case. This one is gray-white and the other one is fully white.

Whoooo! We have reached the end of my latest creations. I decided to introduce all of them in one post since I'm too impatient to carry on with my new projects. If you have questions about how to make some of these, I will do my best so explain.

4 kommenttia:

  1. The yellow crochet bag is so retro-adorable!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Iza!

      Yeah, I'm really liking that bag too. You can use it for so many things plus it's a fun statement piece :)

      Poista
  2. Well done! I have started knitting about 5 scarves and never finished them. Oops.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Haha, so relatable! One of the reasons why I love t-shirt yarn is that everything gets done so fast that I don't even have time to get bored :D

      Poista